Fiction "Our Paths" 5


Chapter Five

Blake:(Wears an unconcerned look) Well am here what is ????

Prof: So I am trying to educate you and you are busy distracting those that actually want to learn.

Blake: Well sir with all due respect permit me to ask a question......

Prof:(Confused) Question ????

Blake: Yes sir a question, may I ?????

Prof: Go on........

(All eyes are on Blake and the abeled Prof)

Blake:(Wears a smirk on his face) Prof Sir you say I was talking in your class right ??? or lemme use your exact words distracting those that actually want to learn, okay sir my question is was it logic that made you reason that or you just assumed that ???

Prof:(Speechless but utters some stammered words) You were talking to the young man over there(he points his finger towards Andrew but Blake interrupts).

Blake: Sir is logic failing you ??? what if we were having a meaningful debate about the lecture and wanted to make some contribution, this is a class right ?? so you would expect students to partake in the lecture by sharing their ideas, but you sir concluded I was distracting those that actually want to learn forgetting the only reason you have a descent salary is off the hands of all.

Prof:(Completely dumbfounded and mutters) But, I ....................

Blake:(Wears his usual smirk but now it appears brighter and more visible, he draws closer to the Prof who takes a step back and says) You know for a logic lecturer you lack sense, I guess common sense isn't really common !!!!!

( The whole class burst into laughter apart from Rose, who wears a concerned face to her Blake is going to far;just as the Prof is about to reply Blake the bells go off, time is up).

(The students begin to exit the class and the old Prof heads back to his table and takes a sit, he takes a sip of bottled water laying on his table. Blake and Andrew leave the class laughing the old prof and Blake's eyes meet and he notices Blake wink a him as he exits the class. Rose approaches the prof alongside John she pleaded with the prof not to be offended by Blake's harsh words, John watches her and is puzzled as to why Blake's actions should worry her the old prof tells her that......)

Prof: I have encountered many students in my years but non as bold and confident as that young rascal, he is calm, deductive and smart a deadly combination. I didn't say anything because I didn't have anything to say but rather because I was afraid of what his next words would be, an interesting young man he is it would take patience to understand him but I believe he is a good kid. Well then off with you two....

(Rose focuses on what the old prof said and wonders if there really is a good side of Blake she wonders off in her thoughts while walking with John). 


No comments